The symbolism of an owl is associated with wisdom, but also with death. Even the ancient Athenians saw the owl as a symbol of intelligence. They devoted this bird with a characteristic voice and eyes to its patron, Athena, the goddess of wisdom and knowledge. The dream about this creature can be read as a clue - to be guided in life by rationalism, wisdom and rely on your knowledge and intuition.
The much darker symbolism of the owl as a bird prophesying death is present in many folk beliefs, even in ancient Egypt, India, China or Central America. Since he it is the messenger of the heavens, some dream books interpret the dream about the owl as a harbinger of the death of a loved one, family trouble or serious danger.
- Seeing the owl announces that soon you will get in touch with a wise man from whom you can learn a lot.
- A dead owl announces very serious obstacles in the coming days that will effectively unbalance you.
- An owl sitting on the roof of the house heralds family misunderstandings, a threat to one of the household members.
- A hooting owl is a sign that someone in your environment will have an accident.
- An owl that flies above your head may suggest that someone is watching you and is very interested in your affairs. If the owl in a dream flies away, then you can take it as the end of some threat or postponing the sentence.
- An attacking owl is a warning against the dangers that await you. The dream about an owl sitting in a tree has the same meaning.
- Catching an owl or the bird trapped in a cage means that someone will visit you soon.
- When you see an owl in a dream, it means that someone will dish you.
- If you hear hooting owls in a dream, then according to folk beliefs, someone close will pass away. The dream may also reflect your fear.