The hen is a very domesticated bird, because it do not exists in the natural environment, and the history of its breeding dates back even before Christ. Therefore, the dream of a hen usually relates to the issues of family and home, and for women is a symbol of motherhood and fertility.
A fantasy in which there is a hen usually has a positive meaning, but you cannot forget about the fact that this creature is clearly a contradictory symbol. It is also in fact a synonym for stupidity and the person limited intellectually. For young women it may also be a sign of fear of motherhood.
Detailed meaning of the dream:
- The hen laying eggs promises happiness in love, fulfilled hopes, and larger family.
- If the hen is accompanied by small chicks, then the dream promises financial prosperity or a family gathering. The dream can also be a warning to reasonably plan your next actions.
- The flock of chicks announces new responsibilities and numerous offspring.
- A cackling hen is a symbol that predicts a journey. Perhaps it’s a trip to the country.
- Small chickens in a nightmare, in which they are wounded or dead, mean financial losses.
- A black hen can be a symbol heralding the death of an elderly woman from your environment.
- A white hen in the dream refers to the relationship with a girl of loose morals, or a failed business venture.
- If in your dream you see a rooster harassing a hen, then it is a warning against danger.
- Buying hens bode you happiness.
- A runaway hen suggests that someone gossips a lot about you.
- Killing a hen is a nightmare which will bring harm to you in real life. It also shows the extravagance of the dreamer.
- If in the dream you are eating chicken soup or chicken, then the dream reflects your good condition, or prosperity.
- A chick symbolizes some new idea.