Dreams, in which there is the assault, almost always cause anxiety and fear of what will happen. Extremely traumatic are especially nightmares in which the dreamer is attacked or beaten. A slightly different character will have visions in which the dreaming person is the attacker. So what is their interpretation?
The dreamer is under attack:
- An assault symbolizes the sudden intrusion of negative contents into your life. You should expect trouble.
- The Old Polish dream book interprets the assault in the opposite way. It means that if you have been attacked in a nightmare, in real life you will receive money from someone.
- The assault may reflect the loss of some important values.
- If you are the target of the attack, then you should consider whether your behavior did not provoke the attacker, for example, your excessive confidence or too long tongue. These qualities in real life may bring trouble on you.
- If in a dream you managed to survive the attack, it is an auspicious sign that you’ll manage to overcome adversities and will not allow unfriendly people to mess in your life.
- When animals attack you, it is a warning against enemies. A clue may be common features of the creatures and the enemy.
- If someone sticks a knife in your back or attacks you by surprise, you should be alert to your friends, because the dream means treason.
The dreamer is the attacker:
- Attacking someone symbolizes the desire to be in the spotlight. The attack on a particular person may simply reflect the hatred towards that person, repressed aggression, or frustration.
- The assault on a group of people, according to some dream books is associated with a flood, because of which you can lose your life possessions.
- If you are taking part in the attack, the dream means the release of negative emotions in the form of an argument with another man.
- A bank robbery in a dream is the result of vivid imagination. In worst case it announces big expenses.
The dreamer is witness of the attack:
- If in your dream you see one man attacking another one, you can consider this as a good omen, because thanks to the common sense you will manage to avoid the hassle and unnecessary conflicts.
Sexual assault is variously perceived by specialists from the study of dreams. Perhaps because both reflect the fantasies of people with masochistic or sadistic tendencies, and illustrate the fear of violence. Sometimes the rape symbolizes psychological violence, forcing someone to unethical behavior, contrary to the dreamer’s conscience.
You should pay attention to the murder weapon, whether it was a knife, a gun, a bat, or a stick. Explanation of the individual entries can be found in our dream book.