Dreams about travel can be divided into two categories. On the one hand it refers to real travel, moving from point A to point B. On the other they symbolize spiritual things, transformation, and self-discovery.
In the first case, the dreams are simply reflections of waiting for a trip, for example a plane flight or a train journey. In such dreams catastrophic visions of travel may occur, but these are simply natural fears which should not be taken literally.
Much more significant are dreams about traveling in the spiritual context, where the symbol means the cleansing of the soul, inner transformation, the desire for self-discovery, or leaving behind bad memories. In almost all religions, people believe in the journey of soul to the underworld, what emphasizes even more the rich symbolism of such dreams. Many cultures and myths represent travel as a way of initiating or ending a stage of life. For a dreaming person a dream about a trip signals the need to transform, to re-evaluate one's life, to take one step forward.
- If the journey evokes positive feelings in the dreamer, it symbolizes spiritual development, following their own fixed path.
- Traveling straight, wide and beautiful road promises good moments in your life. You will be happy.
- The journey through which you wander reflects the chaos and uncertainty in your life, the inability to deal with reality.
- If you are traveling on a winding track, it is a sign you must prepare for unexpected obstacles and piling up problems.
- When you see a signpost during a trip, it is a helpful symbol in choosing the right course of life, so when you cannot read it, the dream means you are confused. Several signposts indicate, however, that you will soon have to make a difficult choice.
- If in the dream you dream of traveling, the dream suggests that you need new experiences and challenges.
- When in the dream you travel without any particular destination, it symbolizes loneliness, lack of understanding from the environment.
- A quick trip signals that you haven’t spent enough time on something, so do not count on the results.
- The long and successful journey means that the experience gained will soon bring you benefits.
- A sea voyage symbolizes sailing across the waters of unconsciousness.
- Desert - If heat and lack of water buffets you; you are exhausted, the dream refers to internal conflicts, feeling of loneliness, emotional emptiness. A pleasant dream of wandering the desert symbolizes freedom, lack of pressure, emotional development.
- The dream about climbing the mountains is connected with the shaping of the character, toilsome overcoming weaknesses, pluckiness.
- Flight shows that you will rise above mediocrity, and you will be able to achieve your goals. However, when the plane trip is unsuccessful, the dream means you will be disappointed.
- Traveling by train reflects the changes taking place in the dreamer's life: if the train moves quickly and reaches its destination, the dream should be considered a good sign. Derailment of a locomotive or being late at the station reflects problems and missed opportunities.
- The journey to a desert island has several meanings: it reflects the isolation of the dreamer, the need for being alone, the desire for adventure, learning new things, experimenting, or the limitation of living space.
- Traveling in company: such a dream can have different meanings, depending on who accompanies you. Traveling with a partner illustrates the strong ties that connect you, striving for a common goal. Traveling with your friends is a picture of successful social life; you get along well with your friends.
- Traveling on foot reflects important matters to attend to, and you will have to solve them yourself.
- Traveling by cart symbolizes luck.
- A traveler who comes to your home means good news.
- An interrupted journey is a warning against an insecure investment.
- Business trip - good results in professional work.
- Merry trip - you will have a nice time, and finally forget about problems.
- Pilgrimage – the dream is associated with the search for spiritual identity, it may also suggest you drifted away from the faith and the church.
- Honeymoon trip - happiness in love, new acquaintance.
- If you forgot your luggage or missed the train, the dream means disappointment, missed opportunity.
- When in your dream you do not have money for a ticket, it means that you have fallen into apathy; you’ve stopped your self-development.
- A trip to distant countries bodes the change of place of residence or living conditions.
- If you come back from a trip, the dream is a symbolic sign for completing the goal.
- Traveling around unknown lands suggests that you should show more courage, open to other people in your life.
- Time travel to the past can relate to memories or remorse and wish to rectify your error. Moving to the future may, however, reflect the expectations of a dreamer or their impatient character. The dream about time travel also suggests that you are unable to enjoy the moment.