The river is the symbol of life, the passage of time and changes that occur in every field of life. Depending on the purity of the water and its current, the dream about a river can reflect the harmony in the dreamer's life, one’s well-being, or the violent emotions the dreaming person lose control of.
- The gentle current of the river symbolizes the peaceful life the dreamer controls; distancing yourself from negative things.
- Rough river and high waves reflect emotional movement, violent mood swings. This is often a warning signal against being ruled by your emotions instead of reason.
- Pure, clear river - honest relationships with other people, business success.
- Dirty river - family conflict, unclear family situation, bad thoughts tormenting the dreamer.
- The winding river symbolizes the complicated life, the vicissitudes.
- Bathing in the river - a dream about bathing is a harbinger of cleansing your soul; you will finally stop having a guilty conscience.
- Swimming across the river - your dreams will come true.
- Falling into the river - some danger.
- Crossing the river can be a symbolic beginning of a new phase in your life. Since in mythology the river separates the realm of the living and the dead, such a dream may also be connected with death.
- Taming in the river or being washed away by the waves signals an overload of responsibilities, worries.
- Swim against the current symbolizes the dreamer's nonconformist attitude, rebellion against the norms and rules. Sometimes this behavior contributes to creative fertility, but more often it makes you enemies.
- If the dreamer is standing on the bank of the river, it is a signal that life flows past one; he or she does not use it as they should.
- The noise of the flowing river - unexpected news.
- River full of fish - prosperity.
- Dry river - weakened body.
- Resting on the banks of the river - you will soon get some well deserved rest.