Dreams about fish are an interesting material to interpret because they represent success in various spheres of life. There is a rich symbolism of fish:
- - The symbol of fertility due to the huge amount of roe they produce.
- - Food for the soul, as they represent the Trinity and are even in the images depicting the Last Supper. Through association with Jesus Christ, they are considered as signs of the resurrection and rebirth.
- - Fish are phallic symbols, so they are associated with sexual pleasure.
- Fish as food symbolize the spiritual food, so the dream portends success in life, prosperity, health. For a woman eating fish can mean successful delivery; for a man - fertility; for the ill - recovery.
- Cooking fish means prosperity, creative potential.
- Fish frying says that some of your acquaintance can turn into a hot affair or romance.
- As the creatures living in the water (that is, in the realm of feelings and subconscious), fish are metaphorically associated with intuition, depth of psyche, search for the truth about your own nature. The dream about catching fish may just indicate such a need in the life of the dreamer.
- Fishing in clear water promises good luck, whereas in the murky - small obstacles.
- Fishing, according to other dream books, means that you will make enemies with unreasonable actions, or someone will cheat you.
- Fishing with fishnet heralds wealth and successful business, of course, if the net is full. An empty fishing net means financial loss.
- A rod seen in a dream represents hope for profit, a successful investment. If you did not catch anything, then the dream promises of poverty or failure in business.
- Big and fat fish symbolize success, abundance, wealth, financial benefits.
- Seeing a big fish may refer to a large project, or a relationship with an influential man.
- Small fish - as fish are the symbol of fertility, the dream about small fish can symbolize your offspring. Sometimes this theme is interpreted as distress, illness.
- The school of fish portends fast coming to wealth.
- Predatory fish indicate a danger that may threaten you in the coming days.
- Fisherman - the profits, your work will bring you measurable benefits.
- Fish market - success. However, if the fish are spoiled, the dream means loss.
- Goldfish - means that you are going to fulfill a dream.
- Dead fish - worries, rumors about you.
- A fish thrown ashore warns of people who inhibit your development, or torpedo your ideas.
- A shark is a warning of a dangerous man.
- A dolphin - beauty, wisdom, intelligence.
- Salmon - wealth, prosperity, success.
- Eel - ignorance, suppressed instincts and impulses. Eel is also considered the symbol of machination.
- Whale - a big deal in the dreamer's life. Sometimes it is the symbol of something you can not control.