Sea in many beliefs is the primary source of life, which is shapeless, boundless and rich in possibilities. It symbolizes the mysterious aspects of your psyche, unconsciousness, feelings, intuition, and the Mother Goddess.
Traditionally, the dream about the sea should be interpreted according to a logical scheme:
- If the sea is calm, beautiful, and there is nice weather, it illustrates good mood and the emotional harmony of the dreamer. The dream spells sunny days filled with joy.
- Rough sea means that you can not cope with your feelings and emotions. Often, this is a dream coming during the period of life filled with great love and even bigger falls. You can expect trouble.
Detailed meaning of the dream:
- Seeing the sea wave may be a harbinger of something new in your life.
- The dreamer, who has been taken by the sea waves in a dream, should treat this as a warning sign for the total loss of control over their lives and emotions.
- The nightmare in which you are drowning means emotional crisis, depression, or exhaustion.
- Diving in sea abyss is an attempt to know your capabilities and darkest corners of your personality.
- Sea monsters are the reflection of irrational fears and anxieties.
- If you catch fish in the sea, then the dream can be explained as an attempt to externalize some painful memories or problems stuck in the subconscious.
- Sailing on the calm sea symbolizes a dream come true.
- When you fall into the water during a cruise, the dream means longing for something unattainable.
- If you are sailing a boat or raft, then the dream symbolizes risk and lack of preparation for life.
- According to the Old Polish dream book if you have drowned in the sea, it means that you are guilty yourself for the misfortune that has befallen you. Fortunately, many dream books interpret such a dream as a harbinger of help and rescue.
- The storm is a warning signal to the dreamer that the coming days will be very "stormy".
- A pirate in a dream should bring you good luck, especially in financial matters. Also a dream, in which you see the sea battle, is a good sign.
- Sailing on the ocean symbolizes a journey through your life.
- According to the Old Polish dream book the ocean in a dream means a long journey.
- Seeing the ship on the ocean tells the dreamer that it is worth to make far-reaching plans.