The symbolism of the lake is associated with unawareness, mystery, the female element and general wisdom. In fairy tales and myths lakes are inhabited by monsters, daemons and supernatural beings. The lake in a dream relates to a secret in your life or undisclosed feelings. The unique aura of the lake is enhanced by old legends, according to which the souls of dead people swim to the other side or rest at the bottom. The lake can have two different meanings. It can be quiet, almost melancholic and rough and angry. Therefore, the dream can bring both inspiration and destruction.
Sometimes the surface of the lake, which is like a magic mirror, can help you read tips on not only the dream, but also your life.
Detailed meaning of the dream:
- Clean, quiet, calm lake is a signal for the dreamer it’s time to act a little more baldly than ever. You should invest some cash; fight for a better job or a person you really like. Sometimes the dream of a tranquil lake can have the opposite meaning and suggest the rapid changes in your life.
- Storm at the lake spells worries, a conflict or argument.
- Sailing the tranquil lake is the announcement of smooth and comfortable life, especially if you sail in pleasant company. When the lake gets rough, then this is a harbinger of the change of fate.
- Rough lake promises big love trouble.
- Dirty and muddy lake symbolizes the problems; unclear situations in emotional and professional life.
- A dream in which you are sitting on the pier or on the shore of the lake can be a harbinger of a person you’ll meet on your journey through life.
- Your face reflected on the surface of the lake means passionate love or pleasant moments.
- Fishing in the lake symbolizes a failed marriage or dull life partner. Perhaps it is some warning to people who are just wondering about changing the marital status.
- When in a dream you are able to see the bottom of the lake, it is a sign that you have a clear conscience.
- Swimming in the lake is a warning to the dreamer, that they would have a hard time reaching the set goals.
- Drowning in the lake can express emotional crisis, breakdown or serious trouble.
- Swimming in the lake suggests that you will deal with your financial problems.
- Once in the water you see a monster, it is a sign that you need to be wary of some threat in real life.
- A port at the lake is a sign that you will not have troubles; you can enjoy a peaceful life.
- A dream about the lake may reflect a desire or an attempt to isolate yourself.
- A lake surrounded by trees suggests that the dreamer is too conservative and insecure.