The mirror is one of the oldest inventions of our civilization, and in ancient times it was associated with the light of "mirror" disks of the sun and moon. It was believed that it protects against evil spirits and the forces of darkness. The magical properties of the mirror are reflected also in the folklore and numerous fairy tales, where it is shown as the gateway between the real world and another dimension, or a tool of divination. For centuries, the mirror has also been the symbol of truth and self-discovery, which is why the dreams associated with this object show the current mental state, your strengths and weaknesses, or indicate a need to reflect on your behavior and inner self.
What you see in the mirror in a dream can give you an overview of the next few days. It depends on whether you are cheerful or sad. A joyful face may herald luck or a nice event, and the tears and anger, on the contrary. You should pay attention to such elements as:
- Beautiful lush hair herald health and prosperity.
- Tousled hair means chaos in life, disordered thoughts, or despair.
- Dirty hair symbolize sadness.
- Loose hair symbolizes beauty, freedom, the depth of feelings.
- Spiky hair means fear.
- Colored hair represents hypocrisy.
- Pale skin means weakness or fear.
- Covered mouth symbolizes the inability to express your opinions.
- Eyes indicate perceptiveness, the need to settle with your deeds, and the confrontation with "your own self." Half-closed, distorted, or cross-eyed eyes indicate problems with proper assessment of reality. When in the mirror you see only one eye, it warns against bias and stubborn way of thinking.
- Eyebrows that are lush and strong herald joy and success. On the other hand rare and falling out eyebrows indicate loss and trouble. Frowning expresses some concern and dissatisfaction.
- Nose expresses curiosity, intuition, following a hunch, prying in someone else's business, or nosiness.
- The ear means the ability to listen or necessity of obedience.
- Beard is wisdom and strength. For women it promises male responsibilities.
- Falling out teeth indicate a loss or the death of a loved one. Healthy teeth symbolize success, the ability to cope with life, and vitality.
- Arms raised upward mean hope; arms down express doubt and sadness.
- Jewelry on the hands means wealth; handcuffs symbolize the problems with the law or the lack of freedom.
- An injured leg indicates some painful experience.
If the image is distorted, then the dream reflects a distorted perception of your own person. Either it is the delusion of grandeur or excessive modesty and low self-esteem.
If in a dream you looking at your own reflection for a long time in the mirror, the dream suggests that you pay too much attention to your appearance.
When in the mirror you do not see your reflection, you should take it as a warning signal against disease or some other threat. Sometimes the dream reflects the fear of dying or points to depression.
If your face in a mirror is blurred or you do not see it, the dream refers to remorse, shame, and humiliation.
- The reflection of other people in the mirror is connected with your feelings for the person seen. A dream can therefore in this context reflect the love and desire as well as fear, resentment, jealousy or hatred against someone.
- The reflection of a woman in the mirror is a warning against losses caused by indiscretion.
- If you see a mirror reflection of your friends, it means that you shouldn’t trust them because they care only about themselves.
- When you look in the mirror and see a stranger, the dream warns against your unfair and immoral behavior.
- Breaking the mirror suggests that you do not want to admit your mistakes, or are afraid to learn the truth about yourself. According to many dream books the dream about breaking the mirror is unlucky and bodes unhappy marriage, unexpected expenses, or parting with a partner.
- A hazy mirror indicates uncertainty regarding your future.
- A pocket mirror is a warning against fraud.
- A car mirror refers to the continuous brooding about the past.
- A distorted mirror is a symbol of delusions.