- Owning a house is equivalent to the coming of carefree days.
- Building a house in a dream is a harbinger of prosperity and happiness; shows progress, and the ability to deal with life.
- Buying a house means prosperity.
- Changes in the house announce an imminent visit.
- An empty house is a warning that your dreams may not come true.
- When you leave your family house, it is a sign that there are new opportunities for the future. Maybe the dream will soon become a reality and you’ll change a house.
- Burning house means sudden misfortune; failure in business.
- Destroyed house indicates that the dreamer will remove an obstacle on his way to the goal. Sometimes the dream symbolizes aging.
- Seeing a collapsing house announces the death or illness.
- Demolishing the house portends a quarrel with a neighbor.
- A makeover or redecoration means life changes; an attempt to repair the neglected relationship.
- If you dream that you are building a roof, this is the announcement of losses and troubles.
- If you dream that you are sitting at home, this is a sign that you will be saved from a hazardous situation.
- Multi-storey residence means very large profits or wealth.
- Sophisticated house with vivid colors is a reference to the intimate sphere; eroticism.
- A house without windows reflects the moral blindness.
- A house without doors means there is no connection with the environment.
- A closed room in the house indicates the dreamer that he has to face the problem, which is still avoided.
- A department store spells success in business, especially for salespeople.
- A cottage indicates the dreamer that he needs a relaxing break.
- A house, which is being renovated in a dream, foretells that complicated relations will finally be settled.
- A madhouse in a dream suggests that in real life you’ll experience discomfort.
- Abandoned cottage or a lonely house is a harbinger of profit; fluke.
Individual rooms and the details of the house:
- The roof: This symbol refers to the highest values of the human being. Strong, durable roof is a sign of strong character and consistency in following the moral standards. Durable roof also symbolizes security and emotional stability. If the roof is full of holes and leaking, it is a warning signal for the dreamer that he should avoid negative content appearing in his life and control his behavior.
- The balcony indicates the dreamer that he must rise above mediocrity, if he is counting on success in the coming days.
- The room reflects the current mood of the dreamer. Nicely decorated, spacious and clean room indicates a good state of psycho-physical dreamer. Grim, empty rooms indicate depression.
- The kitchen symbolizes feelings and good family relations.
- The bathroom is a room connected with the spiritual cleansing, intimacy or an attempt to hide a secret.
- Stairs are a symbol of the passage from one stage of life to another. Climbing stairs promises progress, descending spells regress.
- The bedroom seen in a dream has different meanings. The bed can suggest two extreme situations: the lack of activity in the life of the dreamer or the need for rest. So let's pay attention to the look of the bedroom and the comfort of the bed. The nicer it is the better.
- The bedroom is a place where we usually have sex, so the dream may be a reference to the relationship between you and a partner. If you dream that you hide something under the bed, it is a sign that you lack trust and sincerity towards him/her.
- The cellar reflects the darkest aspects of the psyche of the dreamer; desires or memories repressed from consciousness.
- The window for the dreamer is a symbol of his view of the world. The landscape behind the glass can reflect his perspectives, the current mood or the possibilities. If an area is nice and enjoyable, this is a dream to be received positively, if the land behind the windows is grim, then this reflects poor psychophysical condition. Similarly, the clean, bright and translucent window should be considered as a good sign. A dark and dirty window is a negative sign.
- The door symbolizes openness to the world; new opportunities.
The house is a reference to the mental realm of a man and his personality. There are different ideas about the symbolism of the house in dreams.
According To some theories the upper parts of the house represent the most important things, and the lower floors less important cases.
The house is a symbol of the human body and its internal and external condition:
- The roof - brain
- Doors, windows - the sex organs
- The cellar – legs
- The balcony - chest, forehead
According to the psychodynamic concept an individual floor of the house represents the personality.
- Loft, attic: super-consciousness, spiritual things.
- The upper floors represent matters related to the logic, self-control, strong will.
- Ground floor: The level of consciousness.
- Basement: Identifies the recesses of your psyche, emotions, feelings and desires unaccepted by the dreamer, dirty doings, things you are trying to hide from the others.
Sigmund Freud is yet another point of view, in which each hole in the house represents the female sexual organs, and entering through them is a metaphor for sexual intercourse.