The dragon is an interesting symbol for interpretation, because this mystical creature has extreme meaning. It is negative in Western culture and positive in the iconography of the Far East. In this dream book both points of view are combined, because almost every dream has a good and bad meaning. The dragon means enormous strength and wisdom as well as a fierce enemy or a serious problem.
- Fighting with the dragon reflects the huge and risky challenge you will undertake. This will be an important life test, so the dragon is a clear signal that you have to be prepared as well as you can.
- Defeating the dragon means you can easily achieve your goals; you have enormous potential.
- If in a dream you change into a dragon, it may reflect your inner transformation, gaining more self-confidence.
- A nightmare, in which the dreamer is attacked by the dragon, means that one will have really big problems soon.
- Being killed by a dragon means one should finish an important stage in their life.
- Carl Gustav Jung associated the dragon with the archetype of the mother, her dark and negative side of personality.
- A flying dragon announces a long journey.
- A dragon on land means happiness.
- A dragon in the water means trouble.