The custom of burying the dead in coffins was born at the beginning of the Middle Ages, but the privilege of resting in a wooden box was usually available only for rulers and wealthy people. However, it can be assumed that from this period, the nightmare about a coffin is hunting people in their dreams. The coffin itself is quite a dark and frightening object, but its symbolism is not so bad. Many dream books interpret the dream about a coffin as a harbinger of longevity, the symbol of hope for rebirth, burial of memories, or the definitive end of some stage of life.
- A nightmare in which you lie in a coffin foretells a long and peaceful life.
- Seeing the coffin means adversities.
- An empty casket means you are unnecessarily worried about the future.
- A coffin with a deceased in it announces trouble in marriage or professional matters.
- For a healthy person, the dream about sitting on a coffin foretells mourning. The same dream for the sick means death.
- Seeing someone you know in the coffin predicts that soon this person will have problems.
- A small, white coffin means you will have to give up a project.
- For the lovers, the morgue means a longer separation.
- Carrying a coffin suggests that someone will try to spoil your mood.
- If in your nightmare the deceased gets up from the coffin, it is related to some unfinished business.