A chain in a dream can have both positive and negative meaning.
- Dreams, in which the subject is a prison, slavery or chained hands mean that the dreamer is under someone's influence, does not make their decisions alone, and lacks the freedom of life. In this context, the chain may also symbolize addiction, or dependence on some situation.
- In a positive sense the chain symbolizes the agreement or commitment. It may appear in a dream, e.g. in the context of relatives or friends. This is most often presented in the form of a chain binding you with another person.
- If the dreamer keeps someone on the chain, the dream reflects the dominance and control over a person. When you imprison a stranger, the dream refers to the need to tame your drives and instincts.
- A golden chain is a symbol of wealth and power, therefore the dream suggests that you can count on financial success in the near future.
- When a dog broke free from the chain, the dream refers to uncontrollable impulses.
- If you managed to break free from the chain, then the dream indicates that your things will finally go in the right direction, or you will get rid of some burden.
- An iron chain by dream books portends loneliness in old age.
- Carrying a chain herald exhausting hard work.
- The chain indicates a unique relationship with a close person, especially if it is valuable. When you break the chain, the dream warns of conflict and the possible end of a friendship/love.