Trains are very common theme occurring in a dream and in accord with the assumptions trains are related to the trip. It is not always a typical move from one place to another one. The dream about a train is often a metaphor for change, journey of life, new experiences or parting with loved ones. Anyone who travels by train knows that they not always arrive in time, but have delays, break down, or even derail. Here is the interpretation of dreams about the train.
- A train ride announces changes in your life. The dream may be the result of a recent decision. If you feel excited, the view from the wagon's windows is pleasant or you have cheerful traveling companions, this dream certainly refers to a well-chosen life path. According to the Old Polish dream book a train journey means that you are prone to waste money.
- If you got on the wrong train, it is a reference to a poorly chosen life path, wrong priorities, and mistakes. You should get off at the nearest station and correct your mistake.
- Getting off the train at the destination station promises that you will achieve your goal.
- The train which doesn’t move signals stagnation, monotony, and lack of development. A person who has a dream about a locomotive which doesn’t move might need to do something new, think of bold changes.
- Waiting for the train is a symbol of the upcoming changes, waiting for the effects of actions taken recently.
- Missing the train means a wasted chance, resistance to changes, missed opportunities. Such a nightmare should motivate you to make faster decisions and concentrate more in life. If you are late for the train station in spite of the rush, it means that you are dreaming of unreachable things.
- The train, which has a delay and does not arrive according to timetable, announces obstacles and frustration. Such a dream may also indicate that you are not sure of your feelings or recent decisions.
- A derailed train means trouble in life, big expenses, or dangerous adventure.
- The farewell of someone getting on a train is a symbolic farewell to this person. Perhaps someone from the family emigrated, severed relations, or died. A similar meaning has a dream in which a close person is waving at you from a carriage window.
- If you're dreaming about traveling in the first-class compartment, it's a sign that your living standards will improve, you'll gain recognition, or get promoted at work.
- The collision with a locomotive means trouble. Perhaps you are thinking about a risky affair, an adventure, or you’ve met someone suspicious. Another explanation of the dream in which you hit the train means brutal clash with reality, disappointment.
- If in your dream a train hits your friend, it suggests that the person goes the wrong way in life, goes to waste.
- If the train arrives at the wrong platform, it signals confusion in your life, chaos, unsettled personal matters.
- A train without passengers is a bad symbol, associated with family illness, loneliness, and emptiness.
- When a train starts to brake violently, it may imply an imminent threat. Therefore, it is worth to slow down a bit in some life issues.
- A train leaving the tunnel means you will discover a secret.
- A speeding train suggests that the dreamer is not ready for some task yet.
- If there are no seats on the train, the dream reflects the anxiety of the dreamer about something that passes them by.
- A train that is heading your way may suggest that someone has a vague intention on you.
- Traveling in a sleeper suggests that your desire for wealth is linked to sexual desire.
- If you’re sleeping or riding on a wagon's roof, it means that in the coming days you will come across an unfriendly man.
- According to many dream books a freight train means that in the coming days you will do exhausting physical work, while a passenger train indicates mental work.
- A freight train suggests that in the coming days you will make some favorable transaction, for example on the auction site.
- A fast train means that your wishes will soon be fulfilled; you will reach a goal, or move your career forward.
- A passenger train means a big change, especially in the area of new acquaintances, because a passenger train is a great place to make contacts with travel companions.
- Seeing a train colliding with a car is a warning against contradictions in your life, falling into the extreme.
- According to Freud, the train symbolizes the penis, so the dreams in which a train enters or leaves the tunnel can be perceived as a sexual symbol.
- The railway station may point to some temporary situation in life.
See also: "train station" and "railway track"