Dolls are among the oldest toys of humanity, and in some cultures they even are imagined as gods. It is therefore the subject of a very interesting and diverse symbolism of dreams, in which everyone can find some guidance on their lives. In this entry you can also find the explanation of the dream of one of the most famous icons of mass culture – the Barbie, and the one little closer to our culture – matryoshka doll.
Detailed meaning of the dream:
- Seeing a doll may suggest that the dreamer still has carefree and childish character. He/She lives the dream world.
- If the dreamer is a doll, it symbolizes his/her withdrawal from life, alienation, and lack of sense of reality. The dream can also be a clue that someone is manipulating you; playing with your emotions like a doll.
- For girls a dream about a doll may be a reflection of nostalgia for the years of youth, family home or parents. Taking care of dolls and carrying them in a pushchair often also reflects the need for motherhood and the desire to prove yourself as a mother.
- For a man a dream about the doll promises acquaintance with the beautiful but vain woman. - - The dream should be treated as a warning against flirting with a girl like that, because it can end up unpleasantly for you.
- Playing with dolls symbolize relationships with other people.
- Dolls can relate to people, over whom you would like to have control. The dream may suggest that you need to pay attention to other people's feelings. Sometimes playing with dolls indicates that the dreamer has problems with making contacts. A Voodoo doll in your dream may be a sinister symbol that you hate someone and wish them bad luck.
- A dollhouse suggests that the dreamer attaches great importance to his/her family life. If there have been some misunderstandings in the family, then it is a signal that you should organize a family meeting to explain everything.
- A blow up doll may indicate unmet sexual impulses of the dreaming man. For a woman it will rather reflect her low self-esteem.
- A doll in a pushchair means that you’ll take care of someone.
- A scary doll means that the dreamer is afraid of something. Sometimes the doll may symbolize the real enemy or rival.
- Many dolls mean good fun.
- Barbie is a real ideal, no wonder that it is one of the most popular toys. For women dreams about a Barbie dolls can be associated with both childhood memories and the desire for perfectionism at any price. Damaged Barbie doll suggests the dreaming girl that she is neglected, and she is not able to meet the expectations of others.
- Matrioshka, the Russian wooden toy dolls composed of several hollowed inside dolls and inserted one into the other, refers to your complex character. You conceal your true feelings and emotions under a thick layer of other superficial feelings.