The art of writing letters has its roots in ancient times, and until the invention of the telegraph, it was the only way of communication between people at a distance. They served both to private correspondence and official or scientific writings. People are using the written word to communicate today, even though the traditional letters in many cases have been replaced by e-mails or text messages. Sometimes the dream about letters reminds you that it is worth to go back to the romantic and unique form of communication. This entry explains what such a dream may mean.
The most important element of the dream is the letter’s content. Sometimes words can clearly relate to specific events from your life, contain a valuable clue, or warn of trouble. Good news means success, while the bad ones should be treated as a warning. The sender of the letter is also very important. These two elements should be taken into account in the first place.
Detailed meaning of the dream:
- A dream about a letter addressed to you predicts that soon you will get an important message. This can include both traditional correspondence/official letter, and relate to your psyche. You will realize something important.
- If the dreamer is writing a letter, then it is a signal that he/she should refresh some social contacts or go by greater sincerity.
- Waiting for a letter portends disappointment in the coming days.
- Registered letter represents an important business to attend to. If it’s an official letter, the dream bodes trouble.
- An anonymous letter announces the problems that will come up in the least expected moment.
- If the dreamer is the author of anonymous letter, then it means that he/she is jealous of the success of another person or afraid to give it to someone straight.
- A letter written on colorful paper bodes trouble in business or in love.
- Sealing the letter in a dream symbolizes a secret or a confidential business, which must be arranged.
- A letter with a black outline symbolizes mourning.
- A farewell letter means mourning or parting.
- A love letter suggests that the dreamer should be honest and follow the feelings in their life. Sometimes the dream simply indicates that the dreamer is in love.
- Losing the letter means gossip or slander.
- Opening a letter suggests you should watch out for scammers.
- Sending a letter suggests you will do someone a favor or arrange some important matter.
- A torn letter means that something will do harm to your image.
- When in a dream you’re opening other people's correspondence, it is a sign that you are nosy, and too much interested in matters which do not concern you.
- If you’re reading a letter to someone, it means that people trust you.
- If in a dream you can’t read the letter, it is a signal that you have problems with communication and understanding other people.
- If in a dream someone reads or intercepts your letter, it means that someone betray your secret, or will try to ridicule you.