The cross is among the oldest religious symbols; therefore, it is ubiquitous in today's world. It can be seen not only in churches but also in national flags, coats of arms, military decorations, or logos of various organizations and institutions (e.g. Red Cross). This is the proof that this sign, shape or object has a unique symbolism. That object reflects the intertwining of heaven and earth, femininity and masculinity, or matter and spirit. The four arms of the cross represent the four winds, the four elements and the four seasons.
For Christians the cross is of particular importance. It is a symbol of sacrifice, love, suffering, blessing, protection against evil, and victory over death. Explanations how to interpret the dream should be looked for in the dreamers faith. If you belong to the pious people, the cross reflects the suffering that you experience in real life. The dream suggests that you need liberation, moving forward, and strength and courage to make important decisions.
Some items, such as an anchor or a forked tree in many cases, should be perceived as a symbol of the cross.
Detailed meaning of the dream:
- A cross by the road means a change for the better in your life or the need to make an important decision.
- A cross in the hand bodes death in the family.
- A cross visible on the tower of a building, not necessarily church, promises that you will find inspiration.
- Carrying the cross is explained as a harbinger of troubles, perhaps the dreamer will have to pay for his/her sins. If you see someone carrying a cross, it is a symbol of sadness and grief.
- A dream in which there is a cross on your head is a warning against unconscionable people.
- If the dreamer is destroying the cross, then it is a warning that they have bad intentions towards someone they know.
- A knocked down cross means baffled lofty plans, letdown, and disappointment.
- A nightmare in which you are hanging on the cross is a sign that you need to patiently endure all the suffering.
- Covered cross is a bad sign, because it portends illness, accident or death in the family.
- Flowery cross symbolizes good luck.
- Kneeling in front of the cross symbolizes baptism or penance.
- The prayer in front of the cross means you’ll receive an unexpected and valuable help.
- Seeing the Redeemer on the cross is a harbinger of happiness.
- A gold or metal cross means pious thoughts.
- An iron cross symbolizes the faithful care.
- Cross in the sky heralds the fulfillment of someone’s promise.
- Constructing the cross is a sign of a happy ending to some problem or conflict.