Cats are among most popular pets, though they have a predatory nature. They have accompanied people for thousands of years and in the past were not only worshiped and praised, but also considered to be cunning and associated with witches and misfortune. So the cat has appeared in human’s dreams for centuries in different contexts. Even nowadays it is difficult to show one general meaning. It seems, however, that the most frequently checking prophecy is that the cat is associated with false friends, bad luck, or danger. Cats are smart, predatory and dangerous, so people with these characteristics should be avoided, and you shouldn’t do any business with them.
The dream about the cat is often a warning to the dreamer, but may also have a completely different meaning. In Egyptian mythology it was considered a sacred creature, accompanied by the goddess Bastet, the patroness of marriage, and sensual joy. That is why the cat is seen as a symbol of sexuality, femininity, fertility, and emotionality. Depending on sex, the dream may have a different meaning. For the ladies a wild cat is a reflection of libido, or hidden desires, while for men it will be a picture of the woman they want to win.
The cat is an animal which follows its own ways, so the dream can illustrate independence, self-reliance, but sometimes the loneliness of the dreamer
Detailed meaning of the dream:
- When you were attacked by a cat, it is the sign that someone will harm you in life. If in a dream you’ve defended yourself effectively against this animal, everything will work out positively.
- Fighting with the cat is a warning against theft.
- A dream, in which you’ve been scratched or bitten by a cat, indicates the presence of enemies lurking in your surroundings.
- Killing a cat in a dream is a sign that you’ll manage to defend yourself against the attack of an enemy.
- A dead cat is a sign that the dreamer needs more independence and freedom in life.
- Stroking a cat suggests that the dreamer is too good for someone who does not appreciate it. It is worth considering whether this person deserves any special favor.
- Blarneying cat suggests that there is someone, who is trying to lull you into a false sense of security by flattery and compliments and take advantage of you.
- Mewing cat should be a signal that the dreamer will be drawn into some kind of scheme.
- A cat seen with kittens may suggest problems with your offspring. Sometimes, however, a dream in which a cat gives birth, promises coming into money, or multiplying wealth in a different way.
- A skinny cat heralds not very pleasant news.
- A black cat for many people is a symbol of misfortune, bad luck and evil. He gained bad reputation in the Middle Ages. Cats then were considered allies of witches and the devil. Today, the dream of a black cat is also perceived negatively. It is a harbinger of problems, misunderstandings, financial loss or betrayal in real life.
- A white cat symbolizes the intellectual satisfaction; a clue to solve some problem. For people who do not like cats, the dream may herald difficult times.
- Red cats are presented in dream books as symbols of true love.
- A wild cat is warning against betrayal.
- A spotted cat is one of the most vital representatives of this species, therefore it promises an energy boost and recovery.
- For a pregnant woman a dream about a cat is a signal that she should take care of herself and the unborn child.
- For a girl a dream, in which she has a cat on her laps, should be a warning that the lack of caution can lead her to immoral behavior, which she will later regret.
- If a woman dreams about a cat killing a spider, it means that she is two-faced and dishonest in expressing feelings.
- The cat killing a mouse tells that the dreamer will miss out on a dangerous adventure.
- A sleeping cat is a sign that your desires will come true.
- If you cannot find your cat, this vision reflects your freedom and independence.
- If in your dream you are afraid to approach the cat, then it may be a reflection of the fear of showing emotions such as closeness and tenderness. But when in your fantasies you cautiously approach the pet, it is a warning against excessive fraternizing with dangerous people.
- A dream, in which the main theme is the cat's fur, means that you will find a lost thing.
- A playing kitten is a reflection of the immature nature of the dreamer.
- A house full of cats is a reference to dreamer’s illusions, and excessive detachment from reality.
- Seeing many cats is a warning that you are surrounded by unkind people.
- A dream about the cat crossing your way should be interpreted as a harbinger of disease.
- Small cats in a dream reflect the sensitive nature of the dreamer, which sometimes cause problems with achieving the objectives.