Smoke in a dream is a sign the dreaming person is in a vague and dangerous situation. The feeling of uncertainty and anxiety is intensified because smoke reduces the transparency of the air, which symbolizes the intellect and the mental sphere. This makes it difficult to think clearly and value things neutrally, and yet if you see or feel smoke your response must be rapid.
The dream can also have a positive symbolism, because the smoke fading into the atmosphere means the solution to a specific problem. Sometimes the dream should be considered as a sign that a task just seems to be difficult to do.
- According to the Old Polish dream book smoke symbolizes illusion and illusionary luck.
- A nightmare, in which the main motive is smoke, may indicate health problems.
- White smoke announces luck, but unfortunately a short-lived one.
- Black or dark smoke suggests trouble and adversity.
- The smoke coming out from the chimney is a sign of happiness, warmth and comfrt of home, and a successful family life. On the other hand, it may also be a warning that you do not make promises that you will not be able to keep.
- Smoke detector represents a threat coming in the near future. This situation requires a rapid response of the dreamer, before the fire spreads.
- A cigarette smoke means that someone is trying to harm you. It may also mean that you fret about unwarranted fears or anxieties.