The last minute of the match is just passing, and you are running one-to-one with the keeper. Will you score the winning goal? You shot and ... the sound of the alarm clock interrupts your beautiful dream. Is that what the dreams of athletes look like? If so, what do they mean?
Playing the match
If you dream about doing sports, such as football, basketball or athletics, you should hope for the best. It is not only as a popular maxim says “sport is healthy”. It is much more: joy, competition, freedom, creativity, consistency, beauty, overcoming your own barriers, and records. Doing sports in a dream is a positive sign, reflecting the desire to overtake competitors in some tasks. Fantasies about the match may suggest, for example, the decisive game is approaching fast. The exception is, of course, the nightmare of every athlete – the injury. A dream about it may foretell trouble.
The match result probably has a considerable significance for the interpretation of dream. Below is the analysis of possible options:
If you play the game and your team wins or scores a goal / gains a point, then this is a good omen. You will leave your competitors behind. The biggest prerequisite for such optimistic interpretation is especially the situation in which you shoot to score, get points or have an excellent intervention in defense.
The draw can illustrate the unresolved situation in your life, where responsibility and decision-making is shifted from side to side. Sometimes the dream points to the dovish nature in some case, or the satisfaction with a partial success.
Sport teaches people not only to win, but also to lose with honor and classily. The defeat in a dream indicates a worse moment in your life and weaker form, but you shouldn’t fear of some particularly dramatic events. The loss should motivate you to work even harder, especially if the result was high.
Watching a match
- Watching the match of your friends may mean that you're not part a team; someone does not accept you. This may affect the workplace, the classroom, as well as a sports team or music band. Great importance for the understanding of the dream will have people who are in the team. It depends on whether you are undervalued by others of your own fault, or you are inconvenient to someone.
- Watching professional footballers playing a match indicates that you debate with yourself in your mind. One of your concepts will eventually win.
- A ball is the symbol of the sun in outdoor games. The spherical object expresses the joy, passion, and creativity.
- Associations with childhood - for almost every boy childhood is associated with meetings with peers and playing football. For an adult a dream about a football match may mean longing for childhood and carefree times when you could spend a lot of time on your favorite pastime.
- Playing the game portends that someone will trick you out of a large sum of money.
- Watching the game suggests that you will have health problems. You may even go to hospital. This is also often a sign that you're passive, just watching an event, rather than participate in it.
- Bouncing the ball with someone can indicate a close relationship with that person. Other explanation says about passing on some worthless object between two people.
- A nightmare about an injury is a clear warning to watch out for your bones during exercise.
- A dream in which you bet the results of matches at the bookmaker reflects your risky nature. However it is not a positive vision, because it means that you trust luck and mere chance too much.
- Dreams about the fact that you're an athlete symbolize the persistence and the ability to achieve goals.
- A dream in which you play the game and you have to run for other players may mean that others require too much from you. You have too much on your mind.
- If you are a coach and you command a team during the match, it confirms your predispositions for managing people, strong position, wisdom, knowledge, and respect in real life.