A mountain is a symbol referring in the first place to the achievement of goals. The way to the top shows the difficulties you will have to face and overcome to come out on top. The lack of any obstacles may suggest that you’ll easily scale the heights. The dreamer should pay attention to weather conditions, obstacles, companions and his mood. Climbing to the top is a common element of fairy tales or myths and therefore the dream refers to intellectual and spiritual realm, mental and spiritual experiences.
Many dream books show the mountain in the context of a man and woman. Climbing to the top is a symbol of masculinity, rational thinking and courage. The spirit at the top of the mountain is the God himself, the Divine Masculinity, the Father. Descending from the top is, however, an attribute of the feminine side of nature. It is a reference to the return to feelings, inner transformation. Entering deeply into the mountain is associated with the Divine Femininity and feminine realm.
The detailed meaning of the dream:
- If in the dream you reached the top of a mountain, then it is a sign that in real life you’ll come out on top and you'll be happy.
- Climbing to the top is the process of self-improvement of the dreamer and striving to achieve the objective. If the road to the top is fast and easy, you can count on a peaceful and joyful life. The more obstacles you encounter during the climb, the greater the difficulty is awaiting you in everyday life.
- When in a dream you’re climbing to the top in someone's company, it is usually a reference to trustworthy people who will help you if necessary. Much depends on the interpretation of the dreamer, on how he perceives particular people: good or bad.
- The high mountains are a reference to the ambition and determination of the dreamer. It’s a proof that you are not satisfied with a partial success.
- Low peaks suggest to you that you should relax and rest, e.g. go on holiday.
- Once in a dream, you admire the views from the top, then it means an assessment of some important life situations or an attempt to solve a problem.
- Descending from the mountainside is a sign that the dreamer has done a hard work and deserves some relaxation and rest.
- The mountain guide appearing while climbing a mountain, may be an attempt to pass you some important tips that you should refer to your life.
- A shaking mountain is a warning signal that the enemies are just waiting for your mistakes.
- A mountain, which produces smoke and fire, is a warning of danger.
- If on top of the mountain is a castle, it is a sign that you can count on happy events in your life. Once in a dream, you see only the ruins of the building, this is a motive associated with aging or obstacles in your life.
- Seeing snow-covered mountain peak announces that a stranger will help you in the near future.
- Green mountains reflect the generosity and kindness of the dreamer.
- An iceberg is a symbol of the ignorance and repressed emotions. The dream may be a warning against sudden disclosure of them in our lives.
- Calvary is a symbol of prayer and forgiveness. It may appear especially in the dreams of faithful people.
- A volcano may symbolize imminent change in the life of the dreamer, the sudden burst of feelings and emotions. An inactive volcano may be a warning against doing risky or suspicious business.
The symbolism of a small hill is similar to the symbolism of the mountain. It differs most of all by scale. The stated goal is much easier to be reached. It is often a further step to the goal. Climbing a hill means the completion of the tasks, whereas ineffective climbing spells failure.
The hill may also symbolize the feminine curves; this is why for men it would sometimes be an expression of libido and erotic desires.