Lifts were used to transport people or goods since the times of the ancient Romans. The device transports people to a certain height or down at a rapid pace, therefore, the dream about an elevator is associated with a quick success or a spectacular failure. The elevator may also reflect sudden changes in mood, emotions or feelings.
- Seeing the lift symbolizes the hopes that someone or something will make your life easier, you will solve a problem, or omit a difficult and bumpy way to the goal. This device can therefore suggest that you should change your way of thinking and do everything with your own strength.
- Waiting for the elevator in a dream is related to hopes of the dreamer to get a chance or to develop oneself.
- Getting into the lift is a signal that unexpected changes will come soon in your life.
- If the elevator goes up, then you will rise above mediocrity, quickly and painlessly achieve the goal set.
- Going down in the elevator is associated with losses, or a step back. In a more metaphorical sense, the dream suggests the need to immerse yourself in the unconscious, to face your demons.
- A broken lift means the inability to achieve a goal or illness in the family.
- A free-falling elevator is an unfavorable omen that reflects the lack of control over your own life or chaos in professional matters.
- A lift that stops suddenly suggests you should take a break, rein back on some matter.
- If the lift does not stop on the selected floor, such a dream means that nothing will happen as planned.
- An elevator moving from floor to floor symbolizes overcoming life stages or career levels.
- If you dream that you are controlling the lift, the dream foretells that you will help the poor and needy or make someone’s life easier.
- When you get into a crowded elevator, it means you will have to compete with other people in professional matters.
- An elevator that's stuck between floors means you got lost or are at an impasse.
- If you see a family member in the elevator, the dream may mean mutual competition or regret.
- An elevator moving horizontally suggests that your actions have the opposite effect.
- A modern elevator may indicate that you come at certain matters in an old-fashioned way. Maybe you should use more innovative methods.