Hair is a feature of human body and personality. For centuries, they have fascinated people, hence many myths about them. One of the most known stories is the biblical story of Samson, who owes his extraordinary powers to his hair. But when his lover Delilah cut them off, the warrior lost his supernatural strength. The ancient Greeks believed that cutting the lock of the dead's hair was for him a pass to Hades - the world of the dead. In ancient China, cutting the hair was a huge condemnation. It is possible to cite many examples of the various reception of hair in individual traditions / cultures, but the dream about hair is most often strongly related to the intellect, vital forces, body language and emotions.
It should be added that the symbolism of hair changes depending on their length, color or hairstyle. The following entry is about to present the meaning of hair in dreams in a fairly accessible way.
- Beautiful, opulent hair bodes health and prosperity.
- Dirty and flat hair symbolizes sadness and apathy.
- Loose, beautiful hair is a sign of freedom, independence and power.
- Dark, unkempt and tangled hair is associated with mystery, negative emotions and character traits.
- Short cut hair means you have little time to make some important decision. On the other hand, they may reflect the discipline and self-control of the dreamer.
- Curly hair symbolizes dishonest business or immoral entertainment. For a person with straight hair, such a dream can, for example, mean friends gossiping about the dreamer.
- Braids in a dream may reflect childishness, or warn against embarrassment and ridicule. Perhaps some words or decisions should be seriously considered before you "make them public."
- Brushed hair symbolizes friendship.
- Tangled hair reflects confusion or chaos in the dreamer's life.
- Hair loss is a bad sign, associated with illness, loss of strength or attenuation.
- Hair cutting is an announcement of changes in the spiritual sphere, cutting off from the past and a new stage in life. If someone cuts your hair, then in this case a dream may mean disgrace, especially for women.
- Cutting someone's hair suggests that you will achieve something at the expense of others.
- Cutting hair according to the Egyptian-Chaldean dream book spells death in your family.
- If a woman is dreaming that she is bald, she should think about her behavior. Maybe she is too vain or haughty at times.
- Hair on the chin is a good symbol, but of course only for men. They symbolize wisdom and strength. A woman who dreams that she has a beard must be prepared to take on male responsibilities in her life.
- Hair on the body is the reflection of the animal nature in human. Such a dream can be interpreted both positively and negatively.
- Spiky hair suggests that you are afraid of something in your life.
- Shaggy hair means great despair.
- Long, combed hair of a woman can symbolize virginity or prostitution.
- Dyed hair is a symbol of hypocrisy.
- Combing your hair is a warning against excessive extravagance or illustrates the state in which you have to sort your thoughts and plans. If you cannot comb them in a dream, it's a sign that you will have a big problem with it. It is possible that you will cause a loud domestic argument.
- Washing hair augurs little worries or is a symbol of cleansing from "dirty" thoughts or bad memories.
- Hair braiding in a dream is a symbol associated with new acquaintances.
- According to the Egyptian-Chaldean dream book hair on the hands means failure.
- Burning someone’s hair is a warning against betrayal.
- If in a dream you see hair growing, it is a sign of a good business run.
- A dream, in which you pull someone by the hair your or comb them, suggests you like to tease others.
- Hair in the mouth spells some extremely unpleasant event.
- A man with a ladies hairstyle means misfortune in love.
- Tearing your hair out is associated with mourning, despair and grief.
- If you do not like your hair in a dream, it is a sign that you have to change something in it.
- The red-haired young man seen in your dream can picture someone with a violent behavior.
Hair color has the following symbolism:
- White hair - fun.
- Blond hair - joy.
- Red hair - false.
- Gray - worries
- Golden hair - romance.
- Red hair - changes and unjustified criticism.
- Brown hair - uninteresting work.
- Black - sadness and despair.
- Unconventional shades such as green, blue or orange may reflect fear, panic or frustration of the dreamer.