A bridge is a structure that allows overcoming a water obstacle, such as a lake or river and getting to the other side. Its symbolism is inseparably connected with the combining of two elements. Once it was believed that the bridge connects the world of the dead and the living; the consciousness and subconsciousness.
Dream about the bridge should be interpreted as follows:
- If the bridge is whole, then it must be treated as a designated path to achieve goals, the new possibilities, or luck in business.
- Very long bridge may spell a really large leap in the level of your life so far, both in the terms of spiritual and material matters.
- Crossing the bridge is synonymous with success in completing some task/reaching some goal. It is worth noting that such dreams can come especially in the crucial moments of your life, associated with significant changes, transformation, or those in which you have to make an important decision.
- If the bridge is broken, you have to look for other ways to reach your destination. The dream usually symbolizes stagnation in business; suggests making better use of your abilities. Collapsed bridge in a dream can also warn of betrayal.
- If in a dream you’re crossing the bridge and came to its end, it is worth considering the decisions made recently, they may not be appropriate.
- Crossing the old unstable bridge heralds big danger. However, you will manage to overcome the difficulties.
- Difficulties in crossing the bridge herald troubles in business or separation from someone close.
- Building a bridge promises honors. In the past this skill was treated as a half magical one.
- Tripping on the bridge suggests that the way to the goal will not be that easy at all.
- A dream in which you jump over the bridge means that you will avoid the danger.
- A nightmare in which you fall from the bridge may suggest that someone in your family has mental problems. Sometimes visions of this kind reflect the poor state of mind of the dreamer; his/her sense of helplessness.
- Going under the bridge could be a harbinger of hard life struggle. The crossing will consume a lot of energy, but in the end you will be successful.
- According to an Old Polish dream book a collapsing bridge reflects the suffering associated with infidelity.
- A drawbridge symbolizes the difficulties at work or baffled plans. The dream means that you are dependent on the will of someone else. It can come during hard times, when there is a real risk of a political-military conflict.
- Stone bridge heralds success.
- A pontoon bridge is a kind of confirmation for the dreamer that they can count on someone’s help.
- A railway bridge by the Egyptian-Chaldean dream book announces an unpleasant visit.
- Many bridges can cause a little chaos in the life of the dreamer, because sometimes such a dream means worries.
- A dream in which you are standing on the bridge suggests that you are lonely and misguided.
- A bridge is considered a neutral territory. This is why the dream where you meet someone on the bridge is a symbol of reconciliation, harmony, and the connection of two conflicting ideas.