The gate is usually the main entrance to the mansion, garden, park or building. But its symbolism goes far beyond the architectural use - in the world of fantasy, legends and religion serves as a bridge between different dimensions. It can mean a gateway to a better world, unspecified paradise. On the other hand, the landscape behind the gate can also be much darker.
- An opened gate suggests that there are new opportunities for you. This may be a matter of promotion at work, spiritual development or a new acquaintance. For you this is a big opportunity of a better prosperity in life, so you should take advantage of it. According to some dream books the opened gate announces an unpleasant visit.
- Passing the gate to a beautiful place bodes happiness, joy and change for good.
- When the gate is ajar and the dreamer is afraid to go on, it is associated with fear and anxiety before making an important decision.
- When the gate is closed, the dream should be understood as a symbol of frustration, irritation and inability to act. It also tells you that in the near future you will be treated in a chilly and even unpleasant way.
- Do not forget, that the gates have their guards, such as for example the mythical Cerberus guarding the gates of Hades. A dream in which you encounter a monster or a mysterious character guarding the gate can only mean one thing – it will not be easy to overcome the obstacles standing in your way in a real life.
- According to many dream books if the gate is richly decorated and has unusual shapes it is also a reference to the emotional life. You should therefore think a little about your feelings - if you are doing the right thing, or if you should move on to the next stage of commitment in a relationship.
- When you close the gate it can be a symbol of the completion of certain matters, seeing some things or people for what they are.
- A destroyed gate is a bad omen, which means financial problems. You should cautiously manage your own budget
- The dream about the gate in the form of bars is a sign that the dreamer dreams of something unreal and unachievable.
- When you see the light at the gate: soon you will have a chance of getting some exciting news.
- If you talk to someone at the gate, the dream means that you wait with making a decision.